Friday, April 22, 2011
sooo...
I almost didn't want to post about this, thinking it might just be too good to be true. But there is a chance that we might be heading home with this little cutie at the beginning of next week!! As I type it I still don't almost believe it. She is doing so well, and so all the doctors and nurses feel comfortable sending her home. Now, if you ask me if I feel comfortable bringing her home you might get a different answer. Am I excited? yes. of course. But it helps when you know you are surrounded by a whole building full of people that know exactly what to do if something goes wrong. The nurses will educate us on a whole notebook full of things we need to know, do and look for. that's reassuring, right.
She had been loosing a little weight and the nurses were worried about that, so they are mixing formula in with her breast mik for extra calories. In turn she is has been a bit more fussy the last couple days. She is now on medicine for gas and reflux. Hopefully that can calm her belly a little. She's not diggin on the formula.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the picture, she just gets cuter every day! I hope she really does get to come home soon!
ReplyDeleteGreat news! I was thinking the same thing.....it would be scary for you and Nathan to be solo on taking care of her.......Maybe they should give you a day at the hospital where you are the only "nurse" taking care of her and see how it goes! Happy Days!
ReplyDelete